Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been working on assembling a porper black tie and white tie wardrobe, and being dissatisfied with what there is to buy OTR I have been looking at finding my own fabrics and having various elements custom tailored. It wasn't to hard to find a black silk faille, but that's where the easy part ended. I am now looking for a black 100% wool barathea, preferrably 100s to 120s and 9–11 oz., and one that does not break my (comparatively low for custom-made) budget. Overall I am having little luck in finding what ought to be a typical fabric for dinner jackets. Additionally I am looking for some white cotton piqué/marcella for a custom bow tie (I am having Beau Ties make it, but I need to find my own fabric since they typically only make silk ties), all I can find is a 'stripe' pattern fabric for this rather than the traditional 'diamond' pattern, which is odd, since I have no trouble finding shirts and waistcoats with the the 'diamond' piqué/marcella.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Additionally I am looking for some white cotton piqué/marcella for a custom bow tie (I am having Beau Ties make it, but I need to find my own fabric since they typically only make silk ties), all I can find is a 'stripe' pattern fabric for this rather than the traditional 'diamond' pattern, which is odd, since I have no trouble finding shirts and waistcoats with the the 'diamond' piqué/marcella.
Sorry I can't help with finding fabric, but another option for the tie would be to buy one from Budd of Piccadilly, in London. They sell individually sized white pique bow ties, so you might be able to get what you want from them without having to go the custom route.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I see your in Chicago. If you want to stop by Andrea Vangna at 306 S Dearborn (Dearborn and Jackson) I can show you a Scabal Barathea exactly as described. It is from their festival book. Also, we have multiple white pique fabrics from gladson and thomas mason that you look at to see if the cotton is what you are looking for.

- Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.