Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending my birthday in Seattle, my fiancé and I took the opportunity to tour the Filson HQ. While they admit that some of their lighter clothing is outsources (but still with a lifetime guarantee!) the more iconic clothing and those items of greater interest to the Trad afficienados are still made in Seattle. We saw skilled sewers making bags, tin cloth coats and duffles and watched the QC at the end. Should you find yourself in the PNW, I suggest a visit. Their factory showroom is a delight, especially the three gentlemen who specialize in taking returned, very worn out garments and turning them into one-off vintage pieces of luggage, clothing, duffles, whatever. The repurposing of old stuff into what may end up as heirlooms is probably the best job in the company. They certainly think so.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks for the report Old Sarge. I haven't been to the new store yet but visited the factory store years ago. It' was very close to Esquin.

In the last few years my Filson purchases have come rom the outlet in Burlington. I' m still a fan of Filson and appreciate their commitment to authentic NW Trad.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I may be traveling to Seattle more often for work, looking forward to checking this out.

Still disappointed that my Filson umbrella was made in [another country known for low-cost manufacturing] although the quality is high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.