Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me explain my situation a bit.

I finally worked up the courage to order the outrageously expensive Swaine Adeney Brigg wrap-round document case. It's the bespoke beauty right here, in chestnut shade:

https://classicluggage.com/original_english_dispatch_bag.htm

The bag's dimension is 17x12x6". There is a larger version at 18x13.5x6", but I chose the smaller one thinking it's plenty big for me--especially since it'll mostly be carried slung across the shoulder, and I'm only 5' 7" and don't want to look like I'll fit inside the bag I carry.

Now, after placing the order I ran across some reviews of the much-beloved Filson Field Satchel (photo: https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=85767) which is almost exactly the same size as my new bag--slightly taller, at 17x12.5". And to my chagrin quite a few of the reviewers complain of the bag's limited capacity--that it doesn't carry a whole lot of things in it.

I should think 17X12.5" is big enough to carry just about anything you'd want to put in a briefcase, but apparently these reviwers didn't think so. I'm starting to think I should have ordered the bigger bag after all. But it's too late now to change the order, and I'll be tormented for 3 months before it arrives, thinking maybe I bought the wrong $2000 bag.

Do you think a briefcase about the size of Filson Satchel is large enough for a guy? I'm a teacher by the way. I carry mostly papers, folders, a daily planner and maybe a book or two, in addition to an assortment of writing utensils in my bag.

Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

I just posted a response to you question in my briefcase thread "The Bridge", but I notice in this thread you mention that the depth of the proposd SAB case is 6in which (although it doesn't mention whether this is a maximum depth) is quite a bit deeper than the Filson at 4in.

I think this will give you plenty of room for what you need - make sure you post pics when it arrives, and congratulations on a beautiful purchase!

Cheers,

TB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.