Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone here commissioned suits from Ferdinando Caraceni? I've seen various posts about A. Caraceni, and Tommy and Giulio but none about Ferdinando. I'm curious to read your experience with this tailor including the particular cut you chose. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The battle of the Caracenis has raged in Italy for decades, with one or more holders of the patronymic claiming to be "The Real Caraceni."

I have visited the real Caraceni on two occasions, both with friends who were being fitted for their nuptials. The craftsmanship is, as one would expect, impeccable. They are however inflexible and resolutely refuse to accommodate customers' requests which do not conform with their own ideas. One of my friends asked for wider revers and was told that he should go elsewhere if that was his desire.

The finished product is "un super classico": all 'excess' is studiously avoided. This helps of course to prolong the suit's longevity, but it can be somewhat anonymous. They are also eye-wateringly expensive.

Frankly, if you're in the market for a Caraceni, you might as well buy a Brioni.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The battle of the Caracenis has raged in Italy for decades, with one or more holders of the patronymic claiming to be "The Real Caraceni."

I have visited the real Caraceni on two occasions, both with friends who were being fitted for their nuptials. The craftsmanship is, as one would expect, impeccable. They are however inflexible and resolutely refuse to accommodate customers' requests which do not conform with their own ideas. One of my friends asked for wider revers and was told that he should go elsewhere if that was his desire.

The finished product is "un super classico": all 'excess' is studiously avoided. This helps of course to prolong the suit's longevity, but it can be somewhat anonymous. They are also eye-wateringly expensive.

Frankly, if you're in the market for a Caraceni, you might as well buy a Brioni.
Cavaliere, whom do you consider to be the "real Caraceni"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you for your response but this still doesn't answer my question. I am perfect well aware of the history of the Caraceni clan and don't require a history lesson on the subject. I'd like to know if anyone here has commissioned a suit from Ferdinando Caraceni.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My dear DapperDandy, should forum members confine themselves to expressing their opinions on matters in which they may properly profess expertise or first-hand unmediated knowledge, membership of this forum would dwindle to the point of extinction.

I had no idea - and why should I? - that you were well versed in such arcane and geographically distant knowledge.

Having attended tryings-on for two suits produced by Caraceni, I thought that I might be of assistance to you. I'm so sorry that I wasn't. I promise faithfully never again to reply to your questions, which I now know to require exacting standards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.