Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,896 Posts
I don’t know how I feel about juniper. Online it looks khaki with some green tones. It reminds me of some of the older AE bourbon shoes. Like you, if have to see it in person.

If you don’t like it there is always Dark Oak. As an aside, what transpired at these events? Do they have an EG rep with a bunch of models? Any special enticements like a waiver of the MTO fee?

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Curious, is the 88 last the only one available or are there different choices?
For the Galway? You can do that boot on many different lasts but it's most commonly done on the 82 and 202 lasts.

If I ever do a MTO Galway I would do a very casual one on the 72 last in mahogany country calf and a ridgeway sole, with Veldtschoen construction.

· Registered
1,896 Posts
I didn't realize that the construction method, too, could be specified with MTO.

I'm not keen on the storm welt. I realize it's functional but I've always preferred a sleeker profile.
Are you going to do 82 last or something else?

My one pair is on 202 but has no storm welt. It's nice though and I have no qualms wearing it with flannels and tweed.

They will do veldtschoen but only on the 72 and 64 lasts.

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Update:

Stopped in at Leffot today. The juniper calf is quite pretty. It's green dark more of a dark olive.

I ordered the Galway (82 last) in Juniper with a Loden suede upper. An antique brown/natural midsole with a rubber sole.

Anticipated completion date of October but hopefully sooner. If not, just in time for the Fall.
Good time for placing a MTO at Leffot from what I hear.

I'm sort of contemplating one of my own!

· Registered
1,896 Posts
EG includes lasted shoe trees with their MTO, and the upcharge was waived.
That's a pretty sweet deal. I can't wait to see your boots.

All of my MTO ideas are super boring but just reflective of what I like. I've yearned for a Dark Oak Berkeley or a nightshade Malvern on the 82 last for a while now. The Berkeley would probably be best for suit wear but dang I've wanted a traditional burgundy wingtip for a while now. Thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.