Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Nice. I think those are Fifth Avenues, though. Park Avenues are straight tips, no punching. (This has been your pedantic post of the day.)
I don't mind you pointing it out. Like I told Patrick, it was my mistake but more importantly I learned the difference between the two. I got them because of the pair you had listed a couple of weeks ago.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Found these at Gap. The striped ones were 47 cents, and the navy one was $1.97. Couldn't pass them up for that price.
Do these have tattered ends? The ones I saw at Gap only had unfinished tattered ends.

· Registered
484 Posts
I've had some relatively good luck lately - just some odds and ends.

I did come across something really odd yesterday - I noticed the 'Titleist', and upon closer inspection, it has the UGA Golf logo on the side, with David Love III's autograph on the bill. The hat still has the Titleist price tag/sticker under the bill. I paid $1.49.

Davis Love III has always been one of my favorite golfers, and I'm a HUGE UGA fan. DL3 went to UNC, so this is pretty unique.

· Registered
149 Posts
And down in the laboratory........

I've been trying to have my tailor nail down the 3/2 sack. By Jove, we're getting closer. A piece of green corduroy served as the sacrificial victim for the experiment.

This is the front. 2 and 7/8" lapels. The spacing of the sleeve buttons (working) has been nailed down. I think the alignment/spacing of the buttons on the front could go up an inch or so, but the camera angle may be exaggerating the placement. No padding in the shoulders.

The back is where some of the hallowed, tradly details have been executed. The hook vent can be seen, but the topstitching on the seams is not as apparent.

· Registered
1,240 Posts
I've been eyeing these for sometime. Please post a review once you receive them.
I just received them. My feet have been swollen for a few days but these shoes really fit tight. I don't know what last they are built one, but it surely is not the Barrie.

I plan to keep them for a few days and if they are still this tight exchange them for a wider width.

The color is a bit lighter than I prefer, but I knew that when I ordered them and I think if I polish them with brown polish they will be just fine in that regard.

They look very well made as one would expect from Alden and I think they are a bargain for $145.00, especially as I much prefer the beef roll style of penny loafer and I think most of Alden's penny loafers are not this style.

· Registered
280 Posts
I recently got a pair of LL Bean blucher mocs -- not brand new ones, but used ones (via eBay). They're in great condition and are from back when said shoes were still made in the USA and still had the original blucher moc sole. In previous posts I've mentioned I have a pair of Sebago's version of the blucher mocs from the 80s/early 90s (Sebago Campsides), but while I intend to wear both and rotate them, I think I might like the LL Bean ones better!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.