Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Proraso is great.
Do you get your Proraso in Dublin Dingbat, or on-line?

As for me, I've tried a few - Kiehl's was quite good but I've settled on Art of Shaving (Lavender) for now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Do you get your Proraso in Dublin Dingbat, or on-line?

As for me, I've tried a few - Kiehl's was quite good but I've settled on Art of Shaving (Lavender) for now.
Originally got it online but it's now available in a couple of places for the same price as online:

Morton's in Ranelagh and the Barber shop on the 2nd floor of the Stephen's Green centre.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Favorite Shaving Cream

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet--the cream is the best of any I have ever used, and the hard soap is a very close second. I've tried most of them, Taylor's of Old Bond Street, Trumpers, Proraso, Crabtree and Evelynn, Palmolive (which comes in a handy tube for travel)--all of these are fine, but the Penhaligon's provides a level of unsurpassed luxury that is within reach for nearly every shaver out there. (A jar lasts me well over a year).

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Proraso is my current fave.

You can purchase Proraso re-packaged as "C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream" at Bath & Body Works in your local mall for $10 per tube.

·
Registered
209 Posts
How about Caswell & Massey?
I find their shaving cream to be rather lacking. I have to use twice as much product to get a decent lather. But I do enjoy the almond scent. I bought a tub at a big discount, but I won't replace it.

Randy

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
How about Caswell & Massey?
I find their shaving cream to be rather lacking. I have to use twice as much product to get a decent lather. But I do enjoy the almond scent. I bought a tub at a big discount, but I won't replace it.

Randy
Same experience here. I do like C&M shaving oil(s) but their creams and soaps need a larger quantity of product per use. Scents are nice, but not top tier.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.