Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
favourite retailer for what clothing item? :D

Here is my short list:

1. The Shoemart for shoes
2. Brooks Brothers/JPress/O'connels/Orvis/LL Bean/Lands End (in that order) for clothes and small accesories

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
^

+1, And I add Shoreline Engravers for cool, reasonably-priced links and blazer buttons

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yoox - although not really an online shopper, only use two stores for clothes (the other being Brown Bag Clothing); most of my online purchases have been boxers and socks.

RL have some good sales on their website, but I suppose you could get the same and or better deals instore (RL and others). It is so much cheaper then Europe.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I shop at a lot of retailers with full-service web sites, but the only companies I ever order from online are Brooks Brothers and Barnes & Noble - even then it's much more fun to go in person and pick something out.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just curious as to where everyone likes to shop online?
For clothing, most of my purchases have come through Sierra Trading Post--they are a REALLY good company to do business with.

I have also ordered stuff from Lands End, and they shipped fairly quickly but one shirt was backordered *two months*.

I just ordered some stuff from ibex (www.ibex.com) and it got here REALLY fast (keep in mind "here" is Baghdad through an APO address). The vest I bought is wonderful, not a "formal" item in any way shape or form, but a nice comfortable weight wool vest.

Zappos I've done a little business with, but I'm leary of buying shoes online. Although I did buy some canvas desert boots from www.israelmilitary.com (It's going to get pretty warm here soon, and thinsulated pigskin boots are NOT going to cut it) that are nice and roomy in the toebox.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ede & Ravenscroft (for detachable collars)
Pakeman Catto & Carter (for trousers, socks, waistcoats, etc)
Vintage Shirt Company (for det collars, tunic shirts, etc)
Bookster (for made to order Tweeds)
Chester Jefferies (for made to order gloves)
David Edward London (for made to order waistcoats)

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Ede & Ravenscroft (for detachable collars)
Pakeman Catto & Carter (for trousers, socks, waistcoats, etc)
Vintage Shirt Company (for det collars, tunic shirts, etc)
Bookster (for made to order Tweeds)
Chester Jefferies (for made to order gloves)
David Edward London (for made to order waistcoats)
I like Ede & Ravenscroft's wares (based on my visits to their shop near Savile Row), but how do you order online? They have TTBOMK only a brochure site with a facility for ordering graduation gowns (a sideline of theirs).

They are one retailer I'd like to see really enter the Internet age.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I like Ede & Ravenscroft's wares (based on my visits to their shop near Savile Row), but how do you order online? They have TTBOMK only a brochure site with a facility for ordering graduation gowns (a sideline of theirs).

They are one retailer I'd like to see really enter the Internet age.
You can only order tunic shirts, collars and other legal sundries from their legal section. Yes, I do think they should at least make more of their stock available online (they can start with accessories at least) but I guess it is a better experience to go in person.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.