Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman and WardrobeGirl :),

Any favorite, reliable websites for Alden you'd recommend?

I saw the Valet link on Andy's page but they didn't have what I was looking for and you can't order Alden online.

I am not opposed to a phone call but for some reason would just prefer online.

· Registered
3,297 Posts
Although I have never purchased from them Alden of Carmel seems to have a very nice selection.

· Registered
913 Posts
Gentleman and WardrobeGirl :),

Any favorite, reliable websites for Alden you'd recommend?

I saw the Valet link on Andy's page but they didn't have what I was looking for and you can't order Alden online.

I am not opposed to a phone call but for some reason would just prefer online.
Thanks for the inclusion! :)

While I am not an online distributor, I am an Alden "retailer" (I use the term lightly) so if there is something specific you are looking for, I might be able to help you...If you are looking for a shell cordovan, I am probably not the right person at this time...I am a small account and shell cordovan is somewhat difficult to get right now - I really only provide shoes as a convenience courtesy to my clients as opposed to "running a shoe business"...

· Registered
542 Posts
I've had good experience with Shoemart's service as well. I ordered an Alden cordovan belt that was out of stock, and they followed up and kept me in the loop without my having to expedite them. I liked that.

· Registered
2,396 Posts
Alden shop in SF or Alden of Carmel is excellent and will respond almost immediately to your inquiry even late at night. J. Gilbert in seattle is also excellent and citishoes has some stuff that not all Alden retailers have such as whiskey shells LHS moccs.

· Registered
5,852 Posts
Thanks for the correction...I must have typing that before my first cup of coffee! ;)
De nada.

I've looked at their site, but have yet to buy. I hear they sometimes run a sale offer of 10% off anything on the site. Is that so, and if so will signing up for their e-newsletter be enough to ensure that I get notice of this sale? Do they have any special deals for AAAC members?

· Registered
371 Posts
While I echo the praise for The Shoe Mart, I must nominate Tom Park of Leather Soul as an outstanding Alden dealer. I've had great experiences buying from Tom in the past and his service is top notch. Tom is also a member of the AAAC board and has contributed lots of insight on all things Alden in the past...

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
De nada.

I've looked at their site, but have yet to buy. I hear they sometimes run a sale offer of 10% off anything on the site. Is that so, and if so will signing up for their e-newsletter be enough to ensure that I get notice of this sale? Do they have any special deals for AAAC members?
In the past, they have run 10% off sales during the January time frame but, I haven't seen any indication of such, so far this month. Having purchased six pair of shoes from theShoemart, I do get the occasional email but, not recall receiving specific notice of the across the board January sales event. I have always picked up on that through postings in these fora. Good hunting!

· Registered
1,004 Posts
While I echo the praise for The Shoe Mart, I must nominate Tom Park of Leather Soul as an outstanding Alden dealer. I've had great experiences buying from Tom in the past and his service is top notch. Tom is also a member of the AAAC board and has contributed lots of insight on all things Alden in the past...
I admire the wares on the Leather Soul web site. Unfortunately, they only offer Alden shoes in the "D" width. If you happen to be a "D" then Leather Soul is terrific and I understand they offer fine customer service. Unfortunately, if you aren't a "D," they appear not to need your business. Sort of like those haberdashers that sell shirts with only one sleeeve length per neck size.

Buzz

· Registered
3,254 Posts
I admire the wares on the Leather Soul web site. Unfortunately, they only offer Alden shoes in the "D" width. If you happen to be a "D" then Leather Soul is terrific and I understand they offer fine customer service. Unfortunately, if you aren't a "D," they appear not to need your business. Sort of like those haberdashers that sell shirts with only one sleeeve length per neck size.

Buzz
Not exactly.

I am so far away from D width, and I have done business with Leather Soul. Tom will add your size to an upcoming order (you do need to know your size beforehand). As with most retailers, one stocks what can be sold in an economical way. But there are other ways to serve "non-standard sized" customers and Leather Soul (and other smaller shops) find the way.

This was a thrad about online retailers, and while Leather Soul is a very good Alden retailer, I would not consider them an online retailer, basically for the reasons mentioned.

· Registered
1,004 Posts
Not exactly.

I am so far away from D width, and I have done business with Leather Soul. Tom will add your size to an upcoming order (you do need to know your size beforehand). As with most retailers, one stocks what can be sold in an economical way. But there are other ways to serve "non-standard sized" customers and Leather Soul (and other smaller shops) find the way.
True, but this requires that one plan purchases months ahead, about the same lead time as buying bespoke shoes, albeit at a ready-made price. I appreciate what they are doing at Leather Soul, they carry a wonderful array of Aldens not available anywhere else. However, I buy shirts from shops that stock my (neck X sleeve) size and I buy shoes from shops that stock my (length X width) size.

Buzz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.