Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,186 Posts
I too am curious about the Southwick Douglas model. And I too wear a vintage 346 navy sack blazer, about which we seem to differ: I love it.

I heard good things about the sack blazer from Southwick, Douglas model.

But personally and unfortunately. I don't think I have a decent quality sack blazer I can depend on. :icon_pale:

My most reliable navy blazer is a vintage sack from brooks 346 shop. I would say its alright, but I can use a better one.

· Registered
2,186 Posts
Just so. All the currently displayed (in the store) Press and BB sack blazers are way too shouldery for my taste. Whereas my old 346 is perfectly cut, even if the weave is less fine and luxurious.

I've kind of given up on current OTR blazers because of the fully loaded big shoulders which completely spoil the look.

...Compare any recent non-MTM blazer from to an old stock or vintage jacket and you'll see how much better shoulders in these sack jackets used to be. The padding in the old jackets was very, very light and the shoulders were cut an inch or more narrower....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.