Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been using a Musgo Real soap for the face. I have experienced some dryness around the folds of my nose and then between my eyebrows. So thinking I need a creamier soap, even if that is a bottled face soap. Used to love Floris Rose Geranium soaps as they were creamy and smelled great - think it may have been the tallow that made them that way. Not looking to be uber expensive, but a face soap will last me many months. Primarily using it at night, since the wife has a bottle of hand soap in a pretty decanter on her sink, and then I have the various bath soaps and scrubs in the shower.

Suggestions and even links are appreciated. I have been bouncing around in my head with Mitchell's Wool Fat (using lanolin), or L'Occitane with Shea Butter (mostly natural ingredients, a nit pricey) or Cetaphil face cleaners (but prefer soap I guess). Or even the Yardley bars at Walmart since they have tallow.

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
It’s tricky because skin type really accounts for a lot.

For me, I use Kiehl’s facial fuel and work in with a Clarisonic. Afterward, I use Kiehl’s facial moisturizer.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,769 Posts
Not meaning to be argumentative, but I believe in keeping life as simple and straightforward as possible. Hence, a bar of Irish Spring Deodorant soap serves all of my needs for keeping this 'mortal coil' of mine squeaky clean...to include body, hair and face. So far this has not been a problem , but should it ever become one, I will seek out other options, as necessary, to resolve the difficulty! In any event, good luck in your hunt. ;)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
For many years we have used Dr. Bronner's bar soap (and some other kind of soaps): it's pretty amazing stuff. We get unscented, but their scented bars are pretty nice too (not perfumy at all). No dry skin issues.

(I like the bars too because you can use for body, face. hair, and it's biodegradable, so it's perfect for field or home.)

I have no sense of price, but the Dr. Bronner's soaps are about $5 per bar (so the Internet tells me): is that cheap? expensive? (I have no idea!) I imagine we pay less because we actually get it fulfilled through Amazon subscription.

I probably won't ever look for a replacement soap; it's perfect.

DH

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use Clinique mens face soap.
It is a bar, which I prefer, and has different formulae for all skin types.
I used Clinique many years ago and their lotion at the time. May return to that. Presently, I use Cerave lotion but it is light and completely absorbs. So I use Aquaphor that has petrolateum in it and it seems to stay present longer. So my nose folds do no dry out, but a Vaseline-like substance kinda worries me.

I use Irish Spring soap in the shower, along with Bath and Body Works gel, but I wanted something creamier for the face at night

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,769 Posts
I used Clinique many years ago and their lotion at the time. May return to that. Presently, I use Cerave lotion but it is light and completely absorbs. So I use Aquaphor that has petrolateum in it and it seems to stay present longer. So my nose folds do no dry out, but a Vaseline-like substance kinda worries me.

I use Irish Spring soap in the shower, along with Bath and Body Works gel, but I wanted something creamier for the face at night
....and when you are my age, I'm betting you are going to look better than I do, based on the decisions you are making today! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts