Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I happen to have old aftershave balm and facial lotion left and wonder if they are suitable as a shoe conditioner? After all, they gentle moisturise face and human skin.
Anyone tried or recommended using it?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Just offhand, you're laking about two different categories of oil: mineral (face lotion) and animal-derived (leather, commonly neatsfoot oil or similar).

Also, face lotion is going to have emulsifiers and water in it, not a good thing for leather. And leather conditioners, in addition to being "drier" (free of water), usually include wax so the finished leather doesn't have an oily feel.

My vote would be: not even worth experimenting with it.

DH

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I don't know about your house, but in my house, where my girlfriend buy the face lotion, I'd quickly go broke if I attempted that on a regular basis. I could also buy Loro Piana cashmere sweaters to dry up our window sills when it rains in a bit - they'd do the job - but I don't for the same reason.

·
Suspended
10,801 Posts
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.

After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion.

In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser.

Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub.

Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older.

Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
As a data point, Glaser Designs, which makes some of the highest-quality leather goods on the market, recommends basic Eucerin skin lotion for its products. To paraphrase one of their reps, it's all skin...why waste your money on anything more expensive. And this is a company that could easily sell essentially the same thing as a highly-marked-up accessory.

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.

After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion.

In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser.

Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub.

Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older.

Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Your routine sounds much like Patrick Bateman's.

When was the last time you saw Paul Allen.

·
Suspended
10,801 Posts
There is an idea of a Shaver some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can read my posts and feel ideas gripping your mind and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.