Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a particular fabric I'm looking for that I'm having a lot of trouble finding. I believe it is a type of Tweed, except it doesn't really fit any in the commonly known and accepted categories of Tweed. Instead, it looks like this:

Does anyone know what to call this fabric/tweed or what to search for to I can find this type of fabric/weave specifically? I would appreciate any help anyone could possibly give.

P.S. If this this needs to belong to a different subforum, please let me know and I will gladly move it.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Because there's nothing in the pic to show scale, when blown up it looks like boucle (boo-clay). But I doubt it. Google boucle for men and see if any of the coats shown look like what you're looking for. Boucle is more commonly associated with women's clothing, old womens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you everyone for all of your help. Unfortunately, looking again at the original piece I'm trying to recreate, that fabric I shared isn't similar at all, so I'm planning on closing this thread and starting another with pictures from the actual garment. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.