Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received an e-mail from Brooks Brothers that their Golden Fleece suits were selling for 2 for $2900. Is this a particularly good deal? Brooks Brothers seems to have so many sales and discounts that I find it difficult to determine when is THE sale to go to.

I believe I already get some kind of discount as a federal employee there already and there is a special discount in this forum. Do these type of discounts work on top of other sales BB is having?

· Registered
205 Posts
I second the question. I've been wondering similar things, but not only about Golden Fleece, but the 1818 collection, and the made to measure programs, too.

· Registered
205 Posts
Fascinating point about the low arm holes on the Golden Fleece. I've noticed that, but I thought that I must have been mistaken.

Do the Fitzgerald and Madison suits have those low cut arm holes too?

And I don't mean to hijack the thread either, but I recently inquired about having a MTM suit made at BB in Paris (1818, not GF) and was told that the basic suit was already assembled, and would be sent off for alterations and would start at about 2000 Euros.

That's crazy isn't it? I saw in the NY Times that you could get MTM from the US computerized measuring system for about $500-700. And they should be "made" to measure right? Not just alterations of a preassmebled suit, no?

· Registered
2,219 Posts
The best price on BB suits is obtained with a BB Master Card ...

This gives you 10% additional discount on items already on sale for 15% or more off. In addition you will get a coupon for 2-4 % off on your next BB purcase. They mail you the coupons after you have qualified for a $20 (minimum) coupon. At purchases at other stores with the BB card, you receive 1-2% toward a coupon. The coupons add up fast, especially if you are charging all your groceries, gas, etc with your BB card.

The Fitzgerald and Regent fo not have low arm holes. I have been told that these cuts can now be obtained in MTM.

· Registered
498 Posts
I recently received an e-mail from Brooks Brothers that their Golden Fleece suits were selling for 2 for $2900. Is this a particularly good deal? Brooks Brothers seems to have so many sales and discounts that I find it difficult to determine when is THE sale to go to.

I believe I already get some kind of discount as a federal employee there already and there is a special discount in this forum. Do these type of discounts work on top of other sales BB is having?
$2900 on an OTR suit?

For God's sake, why consider that??

· Registered
5,852 Posts
$2900 on an OTR suit?

For God's sake, why consider that??
Well, it's actually $1450 a suit, but still not a good value IMO.

Most of the GFs I see on the racks retail for $1600. If you buy day after Christmas, when BB typically has the whole store at 25% off plus a further 15% off that for Boxing Day, you'll be able to get a GF for a little over one large.

If I had $1450 to drop on a suit I'd go see Mr. Ned or English-American rather than get anything OTR. (And I say this as the generally satisfied owner of 4 BB GFs.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.