Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you may recall, some time ago I asked if anybody had tried execshirts.com for a MTM shirt. Neil from execshirts later replied and offered to provide me with a free shirt to comment upon. Good to his word, he has done so. I'd like to share some of my observations on the shirt. Keep in mind, however, that I am no expert, but mainly have the information I have gleaned from this forum and my own limited experiences to draw upon.

I provided Neil with my measurements about three weeks ago and told him to choose a blue or white fabric of his choosing-- preferably herringbone. Neil let me know that with Thai New Year celebrations, the shirt could not be started for another week, but that I should have it the week after that.

Sure enough, I got the shirt when promised. The fabric was a light-medium blue herringbone that normally goes for $79 on the website. I had recently received a white herringbone shirt from Jantzen (2 ply 110s) that I used for comparison. I washed each shirt once. The execshirts fabric was softer but not as thick as the one from Jantzen. All-in-all, a nice fabric, although the collar and cuffs are still a bit too rigid. The shirt has what appear to be reasonably good plastic buttons (for plastic, that is).

The overall fit was very good, although no measurements were taken for my wrist size-- instead the barrel cuffs had two buttons for adjustment. I told Neil that I wanted an average fitting shirt-- not tight, but not too loose-- and that is what I got. The quality of tailoring appears to be better than most of the RTW shirts I have seen, but a shade below that of the Jantzen shirt, which I thought was excellent.

The bottom line is that I thought that it was a very nice shirt, just slightly below Jantzen in overall quality and without the option of MOP buttons (as far as I could tell) and without as many measurements. Obviously, however, this shirt can not compare to one of the top-of-the-line shirts like Mr. Kabbaz sells, but for those of us in the midrange, it is a reasonable alternative.

They don't offer as many fabric choices as Jantzen, but then again, I wear fairly simple shirts. The main advantage, of course, is that they seem to offer a product much more quickly and reliably than Jantzen. While my experience may have been skewed, from the appearance of their website and the promises made therein, the customer service appears to be good, and the shipping in my case was very fast.

If you don't mind possibly waiting months for a shirt (if you get it at all) then Jantzen is definitely the better deal, but if you're willing to trade some of the options for a more reliable delivery, then execshirts seems to be a reasonable deal.

As for me, I'll probably continue to order occasional shirts from Jantzen (and be pleasantly surprised when (if) they arrive), but I expect that I will get a shirt or two from Neil to tide me over. I'm still waiting to see the new Carlo Franco line, as I was pleased with the quality of the nailhead shirt I got from the old line, but for now, I prefer the option of a MTM shirt.

"Fortune favors the bold."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.