Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's this seller here:
https://www.englishhall.com/index.php

I ordered something rather pricy from them in July--a bespoke item that will take a few months to produce. I e-mailed them several times about it and so far have been completely ignored... I finally called and spoke with the general manager two weeks ago. He said he would look into it first thing in the morning and hasn't contacted me since. I tried calling him again just now, but couldn't even leave a message in voice mail; it told me to "try again later."

I'm frustrated, and I'm getting worried. Even eBay sellers never let two days pass before responding to a query. (And englishhall.com promises to respond within 24 hours, too!)

Does anyone have experience with English Hall? Is it a reliable dealer?

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
In UK, huh?

Well, I live in South Korea, halfway round the globe. But still that doesn't excuse not answering e-mails right away...

I'm glad, though, that at least one customer had a satisfactory deal with them. I was starting to worry they might be a complete imposter.

May I ask when you bought that fragrance?

· Registered
150 Posts
I bought a Swain Adeney Brigg umbrella from them three years ago. Everything went well, and they shipped five days after I placed the order. I received a couple status reports from Harry Warner, their General Manager, the last being a shipping confirmation. The e-mail gave the following telephone numbers:

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7488 4494
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8980 4055.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes, Mr. Warner is the very man I e-mailed and spoke to. The phone number is unchanged too.

So he's been the manager there for at least 3 years, has he? Good to know he isn't new to the job. Doesn't make me feel any less neglected, but at least I feel more assured now that he'll see to the matter eventually.

Really, all I wanted was a confirmation that the workshop (I ordered an SAB item, too--a bag) had received all the details of personalization without misunderstanding. Sent him the same message three times now, two weeks apart between calls. I took care to be polite in every message too; didn't want to sound a nagging old woman. But no response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.