Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents (and Ladies),

I have been following these fora for several years now but have only recently joined. If I should be adding my question to an existing post, I apologize.

Would any of you be able to recommend a source for an high quality, off the rack set of tails with the traditionally appropriate details such as high waisted trousers, grosgrain lapels, etc.? As far as I can tell, the only source easily identifiable online appears to be Ede & Ravenscroft. Would any British members of the forum happen to have personal photos of the Ede & Ravenscroft evening suit? The main problem with all of the usual makers in the U.S. such as Brooks Brothers, Hickey Freeman, and Empire (Canada) is they pair a tailcoat with low-rise, black tie trousers resulting in a gap between the tailcoat and the waistband which forces one to choose between showing the trouser's waistband or revealing excessive waistcoat below the jacket.

Also, would anyone happen to know of a purveyor of traditional, detachable collar Marcella evening shirts requiring only one dress stud such as in the attached photo of Fred Astaire? All detachable collar evening shirts I can find take at least 3 studs, including Brooks Brothers, Ede & Ravenscroft, Budd, etc. I've found Darcy Clothing in England to be the best source for high, stiff, detachable collars.

Thank you in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.