Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never heard of this brand; I live in the sticks and seldom get to visit places with better clothing. Really handsome IMO, if a bit bold-patterned.

Anyway, I was at a NM outlet and saw some sportcoats in passing. Are these jackets full-canvas construction? Is this a well-regarded brand? Thanks.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As usual, a handsome suit. I also like 3-buttons, ticket pockets, and side vents.

I agree that the fabrics are noteworthy; and the jacket fit as well OTR as anything I've ever tried-on, but would still need suppression.

My main concern is that Etro would be considered a trendy, brand-of-the-week with boutique prices.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed, I do like it very much. It is currently comparable in price to many BB sportcoats. And the more I'm here, the more I'm exposed to differing styles, I find the Italian designs appeal to me most. They have a leaner silhouette, outstanding fabric patterning reminiscent of some of those old Esquire illustrations, and more daring in colors-not necessarily garish, though. I think I'll examine it more closely tomorrow.

rgrossicone-when you mentioned swim trunks, it made me think about a pair I have. Sure enough, they're Etro. I thought they looked good, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.