Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
And today certainly is Christmas as these are lovely gifts! Thank you for these wonderful illustrations and for those from the August '36 issue also. These help make the holliday even more enjoyable!

And a happy holiday season to all!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yet more, principally vacation-focused, including the infamous "fishnet bathing shirt" and burma shade dinner jacket...:

[x-posted on Fedora Lounge]
The mesh beach shirt (with beret!) is DOA I'm afraid.

The Burma Tan DJ has potential. In fact I believe we AA Forumites should revive it. The gray I'm not so sure about.

They say the white mess jacket has been discredited, but didnt Esky feature it at one point? Surely Jeeves was ahead of the curve on that issue.

Cheers

·
Registered
187 Posts
They say the white mess jacket has been discredited, but didnt Esky feature it at one point? Surely Jeeves was ahead of the curve on that issue.
By the time Esquire began publishing the mess jacket was on its way out. However, it was featured a number of times in 1933 and 1934 issues of Apparel Arts.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The Burma Tan DJ has potential. In fact I believe we AA Forumites should revive it.
Is "Burma shade" a recognized color? I can't quite tell from the picture if it is tan, gold, khaki, or somewhere between these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.