Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
Very well dressed, at least in the part of the picture I see. You clean up nicely, Bradford!!

I assume you must have sent some more pictures (or did I not see a link in my hurry to close this and get back to work.)

· Registered
7,025 Posts
Best of luck, and pay no attention to . . .

. . . the viewers' voting.

Best of luck with the contest, and note that the votes on the website have nothing to do with the editors' choices - indeed, that there appeared to be some people last year who used some form of automated program to pump their vote totals through the roof. I don't know if there are safeguards on the site this year to prevent such things, but I did go back after last year's finalists were announced, and saw that all of them had only modest web vote totals.

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
. . . the viewers' voting.

Best of luck with the contest, and note that the votes on the website have nothing to do with the editors' choices - indeed, that there appeared to be some people last year who used some form of automated program to pump their vote totals through the roof. I don't know if there are safeguards on the site this year to prevent such things, but I did go back after last year's finalists were announced, and saw that all of them had only modest web vote totals.
Thanks - I don't want to use any automated tricks. I'm just letting people know about it on sites like this, other fashion forums, Facebook and Twitter where I'm an actual member.

I think that's more in keeping with the "Real Man" spirit of the contest and I hope the editors will appreciate that and the fact that my photos are all real - no magazine or professional modeling shots here. :icon_smile:

· Banned
16,023 Posts
I don't see anywhere to vote... but you've got mine as soon as I figure it out.

I might enter just for kicks, but I'll truthfully stand no chance against the rest of the men here.

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Andy - I appreciate the vote of confidence.

For everyone, voting has not yet started. The editors pick the 25 finalists and then voting is in May.

However, I appreciate everyone's support and feedback.

· Registered
2,538 Posts
I might enter just for kicks, but I'll truthfully stand no chance against the rest of the men here.
That's nonsense, so far as I have seen.

You wouldn't be competing with "the rest of the men here" in that contest, just the ones that entered. By that token, I think you'd have a pretty good run at it.

· Banned
16,023 Posts
Thanks, but if I remember correctly there were quite a few who entered last year on this forum. Maybe I'm thinking of another forum.

· Registered
7,025 Posts
We all have a chance to win this contest . . .

. . do not think that you don't.

One can never tell the caprices of Esquire's editors (no, nicksull, that is not an insult - I am merely stating that your ultimate selection process is opaque to the entrants, as it should be), so any entry is as valid as any other.

I had toyed with the idea of entering this year (I've entered the last two years, to little avail, save for kind comments from forumites here), and may still, if I could find a decent selection of photos among those I've posted here (or could hornswoggle someone to take some better photos). For the amount of effort to enter, it's hardly a major investment to do so, and it can be fun to do, so if you wish to do so, please do.

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ Oh great, another entry in the "old guy wearing a suit and tie" demographic ;)

It takes a few days to get the profiles approved, but good luck to you upr_crust. From your photos on here, you have excellent style!

· Registered
7,025 Posts
If you're counting yourself in the "old guy" demographic . . .

. . . I must be counted as positively ancient :icon_smile_big:.

Thanks for the good luck wishes, and best of luck to you as well. You have at least one advantage over me - photogenic children (your own - even better!) with whom to share the spotlight.

^^ Oh great, another entry in the "old guy wearing a suit and tie" demographic ;)

It takes a few days to get the profiles approved, but good luck to you upr_crust. From your photos on here, you have excellent style!

· Registered
2,556 Posts

· Registered
7,025 Posts
Best of luck to you, RG - at least you've got age . . .

. . . or lack thereof - on your side (your demographics are more what the mag is looking for, I am sure).

Besides, tats give you "edge".

My hat's in the ring as well...good luck to you guys...I'm sure Esquire won't like my tattoos much though, but its worth a try.

https://www.esquirebdrm.com/profiles/2778

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.