Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, I came across what is supposed to be a Ermenegildo Zegna couture sport coat. As you can see from the attached photos, one of the labels says "Ermenegildo Zegna couture exclusively for" without saying exclusively for whom.

Book Material property Font Publication Emblem

Font Menu Signage Poster Commemorative plaque

Is this a telltale of a fake? Thank you for your replies.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
A search on the web (type in "Zegna Couture Exclusively For" into Google) provided several images of this kind of label, some with a name (of a client, presumably) added. One of them shows a model/actor wearing the jacket and holding it open displaying the label. Does this mean they are genuine? Read on.

This page from Styleforum considers the issue of fake Zegnas -- apparently, there is a whole industry of fake Zegnas out there! I had no idea.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...bay-purchasers-graphic-intensive.63972/page-3

The information in this link might help you decide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A search on the web (type in "Zegna Couture Exclusively For" into Google) provided several images of this kind of label, some with a name (of a client, presumably) added. One of them shows a model/actor wearing the jacket and holding it open displaying the label. Does this mean they are genuine? Read on.

This page from Styleforum considers the issue of fake Zegnas -- apparently, there is a whole industry of fake Zegnas out there! I had no idea.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...bay-purchasers-graphic-intensive.63972/page-3

The information in this link might help you decide.
Thank you for your reply. When I came across this coat, a few days ago, I did what you mentioned. The Google search left me undecided, as all the images showed a name written after " Exclusively For ". And when I went through Clintof's post on Styleforum during the weekend, I couldn't find anything similar to what I posted.
I got some ideas from Styleforum members that make me believe the coat is a genuine product, and that it was sold without filling in the name of the buyer. Once again, thank you for your insight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.