Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
The congruous tie has a decent aesthetic, something his previous attempts lacked.
Still the practical problems of:
1. Hoping the seam falls in the knot.
2. Well, who wants a seam messing up the knot?

Anyhow, his odd tie knots are clever (in all meanings of the word) and worth a look.
Oh no, some of those are just dumb and ugly enough to catch on. Coming to an awards show near you!

·
Registered
456 Posts
In all honesty I didn't even think Eric Glennie was real -- other than as some elaborate Borat-style prank.

That said, I had no idea this was a 'problem' that needed to be 'solved'.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
While I cannot imagine ever endorsing, buying or wearing one of his 'creations', I will concede that Eric Glennie does seem one to never give up! Or perhaps this is an indication that the L. A. Times, like the rest of the print media, i going to h*ll in a handcart. ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wasnt aware that the stripes going the opposite way was a proplem, I always liked the symmetry of it.

That having been said, this particular design I dont see as that much of a joke. It might really bother some people, and it's an easy fix. Some of his other designs I dont quite get.

He's in Apple Valley, I travel to Minneapolis quite frequently. Maybe I should pay him a visit?

·
Registered
297 Posts
In a very interesting twist to the saga . . . while in Minneapolis for work I met up with the esteemed Mr. Glennie. He showed me some of his designs, and we talked clothes and business briefly. He is for real. I wish him the best of luck with his ideas, it's difficult getting a new company off the ground. I should have gotten pictures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.