Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been posting about my experiences at English American Clothiers outside of Baltimore for months now. Here is a blazer they did for me. I realize the photo isn't great (certainly not of me) but I wanted to post anyhow. This pic is also on the Trad WAYWT even though it isn't really Trad.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue

Thanks for the approval; I'm glad you like the fit. That's just poor lighting, though - the fabric is indeed dark navy blue. In fact its from Holland & Sherry's CrispAire book.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Thanks for the approval; I'm glad you like the fit. That's just poor lighting, though - the fabric is indeed dark navy blue. In fact its from Holland & Sherry's CrispAire book.
Oooo if it's navy then I absolutely love it, because it does fit perfectly. I try to stay away from black...but navy that's so much better. :icon_smile_big:

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It hurt like Hell Alex. Whats your professional assessment of the jacket's fit? I'd be curious to know...

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Very sharp blazer. The fit is very noteworthy. I like how the jacket length is right where it is supposed to be if not a little short, which is what all the top designers do these days. It looks very Thom Browneish.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very sharp blazer. The fit is very noteworthy. I like how the jacket length is right where it is supposed to be if not a little short, which is what all the top designers do these days. It looks very Thom Browneish.
Thanks for the compliment! I dunno if I'd say Thom Browne, however. This jacket is a touch on the short side, but it fully covers my rear. TB jackets are much shorter from what I've seen, often stopping at the wrist rather than almost the end of the thumb.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice blazer. I think it appears a short because of the low-rise trousers. With normal-rise trousers the blazer would look much better.
Yes - my trousers are falling down. All of the other E-A jackets I have are from suits. The suit trousers sit higher and look much better than these BB Madison gabs.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Thanks for the compliment! I dunno if I'd say Thom Browne, however. This jacket is a touch on the short side, but it fully covers my rear. TB jackets are much shorter from what I've seen, often stopping at the wrist rather than almost the end of the thumb.
No no, I wasn't saying it was as short as a Thom Browne. Most of his stuff is clown-like short. I just thought it was short enough to look slightly trendy/modern without looking like you are trying to copy GQ or Esquire. I agree the fit is near perfect.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice blazer. I think it appears a short because of the low-rise trousers. With normal-rise trousers the blazer would look much better.
^ Thanks Nolan. Thanks to all of the other complimentary posters as well. I'm glad to know that you all like the work of my favorite hidden gem outside of Baltimore and now you can see for yourself.

Not to be crass, but I thought I would mention some info since you guys seem to like. This is made of the above H&S fabric, is fully canvassed, has lots of nifty details like pickstiching, working cuff, etc. The measurements taken are extensive at E-A and you can adjust anything from lapel width to armhole. Price delivered was less than $600.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Louche

Doesn't EA make for H. Freeman, not to be confused with Hickey Freeman. I think I read that on here somewhere. My preferred shop is switching over most of their RTW suits and sportcoats to H. Freeman. Supposedly this is one of the better values in U.S. made tailored clothing.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Louche

Doesn't EA make for H. Freeman, not to be confused with Hickey Freeman. I think I read that on here somewhere. My preferred shop is switching over most of their RTW suits and sportcoats to H. Freeman. Supposedly this is one of the better values in U.S. made tailored clothing.
Yes, I am 99% sure the do H. Freeman. The H. Freeman website lists the same address as the address that I go to for my appointments. The websites also share some photos. Tom James is made at E-A also; technically my garments are Tom James although there is some ambiguity and I'd call them E-A garments before I'd call them TJ.

· Registered
520 Posts
I think the fit is great, although I usually prefer higher buttons for myself.

By the way, is that sign for the Texas Longhorns, or Nordic paganism?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.