Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a flying visit to England, and after some good advice from AAACers, I acquired a couple of pairs.

Happy with these: not available, or hideously expensive (like 2-3 X UK prices here in Straya)

First pair GBP165
Second pair GBP245
(of course I got some of the VAT back on leaving UK)

Any guesses on who made the first ones?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Meister, I didn't go to UK specifically to buy Loakes :icon_smile: (even so, the range that DJ stocks is, how you say, pitiful and pricey, partic for G fittings)

I happened to be in UK and took advantage of that to get some shoes. The black ones are definitely NOT Loakes (JL from Northampton factory shop).

The Brogue Derby's were not labelled as Loakes (although I wouldn't be surprised if they are Loake-made). This style isn't listed on the Loake website, nor is it the Herring Richmond (which is an Oxford not Derby). If they are Loake-made, then I probably paid a bit too much. On the other hand I found some shoes that fit me comfortably of a reasonable quality (not top hand-made grade) which is almost impossible over here, ime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.