Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm seeking a new knot to tie (I've worn a four-in-hand every day for years), and here's an image of a seemingly breezy yet elegant knot, worn by Larry Kudlow. I emailed him and he said it's a simple half-windsor, but it doesn't really look like one. (It doesn't have even a hint of a triangular shape to it; it's cylindrical.) Try as I might, I can't get it to work (I usually come up too short on the wide end of the tie.)

Does anyone wear this knot? If so, how do you tie it? cheers, -p

G

·
Hi all,

I'm seeking a new knot to tie (I've worn a four-in-hand every day for years), and here's an image of a seemingly breezy yet elegant knot, worn by Larry Kudlow. I emailed him and he said it's a simple half-windsor, but it doesn't really look like one. (It doesn't have even a hint of a triangular shape to it; it's cylindrical.) Try as I might, I can't get it to work (I usually come up too short on the wide end of the tie.)

Does anyone wear this knot? If so, how do you tie it? cheers, -p
It's a four in hand with an extra wrap and he then doesn't tighten it all the way. Keep the short end shorter. Unlike the four in hand it will drop and hide behind the tie.

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,672 Posts
It's a four in hand with an extra wrap and he then doesn't tighten it all the way. Keep the short end shorter. Unlike the four in hand it will drop and hide behind the tie.
Ancient thread; please don't bring these back unless there is a real story to tell. The guest you are answering posted sixteen years ago.

As for the knot; it's ugly and even Kudlow doesn't use it any more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts