Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, all of our lobbying for Sky Valet in DC to get Edward Green shoes has worked! I just got off the phone with Sky Valet on Wisconsin Avenue in DC. The confirmed that they are to be new (ONLY) official seller of Edward Green shoes in the Washington, DC area. They expect to start selling EGs in late March and will carry about 5 styles in various colors (he mentioned they'd have at least one loafer, one oxford and two bluchers). The entire line will be available for order though, and I imagine an order could be placed now (thought I didn't ask that question). They anticipate a trunk show in late summer 2005 during which EG reps will be on hand to show off the full line of shoes and boots and to take orders, including bespoke (and MTM?) orders. The downside -- price is expected to be $850 per pair -- about $150 more than the Vass shoes Sky Valet has for sale in the store, though about the same price as Vass custom-ordered (but not bespoke) through Sky Valet. Does anyone know if Mitchell's/Richard's stores in Connecticut charge that much for EG? It was only a year or a bit more ago that someone posted on AskAndy in great detail about EGs he'd gotten at Richard's in Greenwich for a "mere" $695 each, and boots weren't much more.

In any case, this is a great development for those in DC who like EG.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.