Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I am planning to acquire a pair of Edward Green shoes, Chelsea, 202 last undicided on color. I am not clear on price yet I searched forums and from I research I found out that price for pair of oxfords is about 545 BP plus 30 BP to ship it to USA. What I do not know is if this price includes VAT. If not, am I required to pay VAT as non-EU citizen. In addition are the Edward Green MTO shoes more expensive than RTW.

Any input in this is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi,

Others will no doubt chime in with precise figures, but EG MTO is definitely more expensive than RTW. A rough ballpark figure, from what I've seen, as about 20% more ($1000 vs. $1200).

I think the price you were quoted includes VAT - which you should NOT have to pay. EG should remit you the difference.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gentlemen,

I am planning to acquire a pair of Edward Green shoes, Chelsea, 202 last undicided on color. I am not clear on price yet I searched forums and from I research I found out that price for pair of oxfords is about 545 BP plus 30 BP to ship it to USA. What I do not know is if this price includes VAT. If not, am I required to pay VAT as non-EU citizen. In addition are the Edward Green MTO shoes more expensive than RTW.

Any input in this is greatly appreciated.
MTO is an upcharge. But you wont be charged uk VAT on shipping to a non EU adr. Send them a mail sales @ eg. Be aware of timeframe for MTO.
I would otherwise reccomend Tom @ leathersoul. Has excelent rep & service. And is excelent for folowing up MTO & TopDrawer orders.

He is also on this forum: https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/member.php?u=16686
Website for some samples of stock, MTO & TD:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody, I will send them email but also check out the Polo store in Boston. I am not sure if the POLO store has variety of colors since I am looking for edwardian or bauxite color. I have enough black and brown shoes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Are the RLPL Green's the exact same, other than the rebadging, of regular edward green? I ask because i came across a pair of shoes this weekend in the Polo store (marked for $895, i think). I thought this was below the prices i am used to seeing for EG (i.e. at saks, i thought the EG's were priced initially over $1k)?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
The Polo store in Beverly Hills, CA. sells their EG's rebadged and renamed for $950. there may be a pair or two of the casual shoes for $895. MTO from polo run $1250-$1350. I think you can find most of the RLPL EG shoes in Antique Chestnut. This is a common color that they order. very nice. Edwardian is also a great color but may not be a standard available color.

·
Registered
234 Posts
But they wont be on the 202 ...

And remember purple boxes are NOT purple label

·
Senior Moderator<br>Technical Support
2,654 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a price quote for the Newbury (w/ or w/o medallion)? I can't seem to get a response from EG.
Newbury doesn't have handsewing on it, and it's not a boot; so the MTO price through the London shop would probably be £524, regardless of the medallion. Really, though, if it were me, I would order from Tom Park. I would imagine that the price would be very similar, and Tom is significantly more customer-oriented than I ever found the London shop to be.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.