Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So, I'm thinking about getting a pair of boots and had more or less settled on the Crockett and Jones Coniston. However, some folks have recommended that I check out Edward Green instead. Based on the pictures it looks like the Edward Green Galway boot is similar in look to the Coniston, but its difficult to tell. If anyone out there have any experience with both boots and had any advice as to which whether or not these are similar boots or with which boot to go with I'd be very grateful

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
The boots are slightly different - with C&J having the seam go from the lacing area to the sole, while EG seam goes backwards (you may prefer one over the other, I would say that EG is a bit more elegant, which may not be positive if you are going to wear the shoe in the country).

But pretty much, equivalent shoes - get the one that fits you better (and I am sure that EG is a bit more expensive...).

·
Registered
706 Posts
The boots are slightly different - with C&J having the seam go from the lacing area to the sole, while EG seam goes backwards (you may prefer one over the other, I would say that EG is a bit more elegant, which may not be positive if you are going to wear the shoe in the country).

But pretty much, equivalent shoes - get the one that fits you better (and I am sure that EG is a bit more expensive...).
The EG will run around $1300 to $1500 (depending on if you get it RTW or MTO). The C&J Conniston will run about $363 dollars from Plal.com. So yea, I would say the EG is a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Brooks Bros. sells the Coniston under its Peal brand for $528, but they always have sales and deals. A 25% discount is in effect now, so $396.

I have a couple of pairs of the Brooks version; it's a great boot. Their website says the brown pebble grain version has leather soles. I think that's just a mistake; my boots have rubber Dainite soles.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm a C&J fan.
They have made my shoes, well, for long, long time.
I have three pair of Conistons. All over 20 years of age and going strong.
I must admit I have never worn EG, but generally their styles do not appeal to me.
With that in mind, I vote C&J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.