Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
ISW always starts low but the bidding can get up to market levels very fast. It is apparently good merchandise though and people keep coming back for more. Let your assessment of his goods and track record guide you. The feedback can tell you a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there. I personally don't like buying stuff on e-bay...not because i'm afraid of not getting my goods, I can guide myself by the seller's rep on thet, but things are not always as they seem there. I mean, you will get a nice suit, as nice as you see it in pics, but sometimes , even if it says it's made by VERSACE for example, it's just a cheap copy. And the worst thing is that nowadays cheap copies became so good, that you can't tell them appart from the original.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought one suit from this guy a little while back. It was a Zegna and it seems to be real. It had been altered before so I had to spend a little money getting it to fit me just right but it is a really nice suit. It is a 3 button, double vent, hand stiching, and working buttons on the cuff. For the price I couldn't really go wrong. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can see from the rating, ISW is an honest seller. Just look at the reviews. The number of items sold in a month is a great measurement. 276 items sold this month with no negatives and tons of very happy customers. If you were selling crappy suits at least a few out of the 276 would have left a negative rating.

ISW has many auctions with previously owned suits, so I would really check the measurements. They don't appear to list the rise of the trousers, I would ask for it. I would also ask for the waist measurement on the suit jacket. The jacket can look silly if it's been taken in too far at the waist, like an hourglass.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you search his completed auctions (always a good idea) most of the suits seem to be selling in the $100-200 range, with some $50ish and others close to $300. Not bad considering some are used and the others are probably closeout/overstock.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
several years ago I bought actively on Ebay as I was experimenting with different clothing lines and wanted to do it at less than retail.

What I found was that the percentage of misrepresented, poor quality, hard use, or simply poor fit goods was high enough that buying at retail would have been cheaper.

That is not to say that I didn't get several things that I value today, just that not everything I bought was in that category and yet most everything I buy in person is. Therefore the buying in person saves more money that buying multiple items on Ebay to get one that is good.

Perry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.