Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 9578 Posts

·
Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting this thread as an ongoing way to alert one another to ebay items that we might turn up but not be interested in personally. There are a couple of such threads on Style Forum, but many of the things I come across would appeal more to folks here than there.

One ground rule: This is not the place for selling something yourself. Either use the Sales forum or the thrift exchange for that.

Here are a few things to get the ball rolling:

Mens TWEED DB 3/4 Topcoat/Overcoat HERRINGBONE 40R:

Vintage briefcase, Atlas style (although not an Atlas)

Brooks Bros. white bucs, 10D

Gorgeous Nettleton tassels, NIB, 12C

Nettleton tan saddles, NIB, 8C

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Polo coats

I'll take Alan up on this idea.

I've been perusing the polo coat listings for the past few days and while I haven't seen anything in my size, I have seen a few very nice ones that someone should pick up. Note: the sizes I'm listing below are how the seller is listing them, but be sure to compare with the actual measurements because there could be some discrepancy.

46L

40R

Brooks Brothers 38R (it looks to me like it could be a 40R)

"Medium" British warm

·
Registered
935 Posts
Looks like it's probably a sack.

This is a gorgeous light brown camelhair sport coat with a light brown lining. I bought it from Brooks Brothers and never got around to returning it. It has just been hanging in my closet for a while now and I'd like to get rid of it. It is a size 42 reg. The pockets have flaps that can either be worn out or folded into the pocket. Check my other listings as I have other similar coats for sale.

·
Registered
935 Posts
. An interesting piece...definitely GTH, probably a sack.

Up for bid is a handsome medium green NWOT BROOKS BROTHERS "34G" blazer, size 42. It closes with three gold decorative butons and has a patch breast pocket and two patch pockets. It is lined in matching acetate. It is made of a man-made fiber which has a sort of nubby texture. NOTE: It is a true medium green. My camera doesn't reflect colors well.
(34G=the old 346 line. I believe it has fused lapels)

·
Registered
935 Posts
It's a fine time to be a .

DESIGNER: BROOKS BROPTHERS *346* 2 pc. suit sz. 42R.
STYLE: Single Breasted with a 3 button closure w/2 buttons on the cuffs.
COLOR: Navy w/a chalk striped pattern.
MATERIAL: Wool
WEIGHT of MATERIAL: Lt. - Med. Weight Suit
CONDITION: Excellent
Trousers are 32x30.

I'll just keep editing this post instead of making new ones.
I really need to stop procrastinating...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Another suit. Trousers are 35x32. BIN @ 100 shipped.

Here is a gorgeous suit by Brooks Brothers, in a (Tagged) size US 42. The coloring of the fabric comes in a Charcoal Gray with Gray Pin Stripes ....gorgeous! This is a medium weight suit, but can be worn year round; Made in USA. The fabric is probably 100% wool(not listed) and 3/4 lining in the jacket. The jacket comes in a Trendy 3 button Single Breasted style with 3 exterior pockets and 2 interior pockets with a center vented back. The pants are a flat front, and cuffed. This suit is in Excellent Used Condition. Please check your measurements carefully against the ones listed. The measurements are as follows:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like it's actually a instead of a 45R.

This is a Mens Gray Plaid Sports Jacket by Brooks Brothers. Selling for a family member. Most of his jackets are 45 Xl. The jacket is in excellent condition and has gray sued patches on the sleeves.The jacket does have a tear in the lining inside the jacket at the beginning of both sleeves. If you can sew, this will be a great jacket.The length of the jacket is 33 inchs, the length of the sleeves are 27 inchs. Shoulder to shoulder measurements are 20 inchs. If you have any questions or need other pictures, please e-mail us and we will get right back to you. Thanks

·
Registered
935 Posts
...I think it's improperly buttoned.
$7.99 and ends in 20 hours.

-----------------------------------

Something about this auction strikes me as weird. It'll probably sell at asking price.

Abandoned suit jacket?

Southwick

Southwick.

Southwick. Looks really great...if only it was 40S :(

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Something about this auction strikes me as weird. It'll probably sell at asking price.
Nerdy, you're an animal! Great finds! This particular one, though...it's been up a long, long time (I'd say about three months since I first saw it). Looks to me like a Press suit that lost it's trousers...so sad...

JB

·
Registered
935 Posts
Nerdy, you're an animal! Great finds! This particular one, though...it's been up a long, long time (I'd say about three months since I first saw it). Looks to me like a Press suit that lost it's trousers...so sad...

JB
thanks. i usually limit my searches to 40S but decided to go through and pick out all the sacks i could find in all sizes to contribute to the thread.

here's another one i noticed...the trousers will probably need to be taken in, but it looks like a pretty solid suit in good condition.

36x29.5+1.5

·
Registered
642 Posts
It's closer to a 36S, but it's a nice catch Untilted.

1 - 20 of 9578 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.