Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and have really appreciated alot of the tips I have read here. I do have a question. I have bought some pretty inexpensive suits on Ebay and have been complimented on them, I have some BB suits and people never say a word. Im curious if any of you have ever bought a suit from this seller:

I am curious about the quality etc. Thanks..

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
"I have a Super 800 poly suit here, if anyone's interested. It's, like, 1,000 times more flammable than normal poly."

Doc,
You should not be wearing your best suit while sitting by the camp fire.
On the other hand you won't have to reach as far to toast your marshmallows.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I don't think complements are the final word in choosing a suit. I have received more complements on a $300 JC Penney's suit than on anything else. It is a black worsted by the way.
As for Ebay suits, it looks like some of them are of the self destructing variety. A few wearings is all you should expect. For quality I think a good quality used suit should be better than a new poly suit.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Generally, a business suit should be 100% wool. Anytime someone is selling a suit on ebay and they advertise it as Super 120's "fabrics", it is clearly not wool. The "fabrics" is the key word. If it were wool, then it would say so.

So, you shouldn't expect that polyestor suit to last a long time. But at $65, I guess it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow!! 100% polyester!! i've never seen that before!! not only that but it has no vents and the pants are double pleated!! i think my pajamas are more dressy than this thing lol!.. i would save my money if i were you.. there are better suits on ebay which go for less

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.