Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered Ebay in its golden age. I guess maybe five or six years ago. I started buying old Brooks Brothers catalogs. You could get them for ten bucks or so. catalogs from the 30s 40s 50s and 60s. I bought ten or so. The great treasure was a hundred page catalog from 1929, the very height of the prep era, which must describe almost all of their RTW offerings from Brooks, incuding servants uniforms and a dozen or so spectator and white buck shoes. An incredible treasure, small size though. the nicest were from the 70s and 80s when Brooks did color catalogs with gorgeous watercolor covers that have to be seen to be believed. There are several fom the 80s up now on Ebay. I mean these were sent to me for free and I just was outbid with my maximum being 37 bucks. These are out of my league. These prices are nuts. the golden age of ebay is past. Anybody interested in buying my collection?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.