Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman,
I occasionally purchase items on EBay but I need some information from those more experienced.
Normally I get notification hat the item has been shipped or a short note from the seller letting me know when they intend to ship or a thank you.

I purchased and immediately paid via PayPal for a pair of saddle shoes three days ago and have not heard anything from the seller or received notification that the shoes have shipped.

I have sent two messages to the seller but have not received a reply. There have been times when I have received an automated message that the seller is out of town with a return date, but not this time.

I do not want a refund, I want the shoes. I cannot find a spot to notify Ebay.

Suggestions?
Thank you,

· Registered
756 Posts
Three days ago was a Friday. Today is Monday, the next business day.

As far as eBay is concerned, weekends and major holidays are not counted.

If your package ships today, it will have been shipped in one business day.

When a seller creates a listing, he or she can choose a handling time of anything from same day shipping up to 30 days. Sellers need to ship the vast majority of their items within their stated handling times in order to stay out of trouble. These handling times are reflected in the expected delivery dates that you see in listings. If a seller wants to, for example, he or she could set a handling time of seven days and then ship things out once a week. As long as they are shipping within their handling time for their listings, they have done nothing wrong and are keeping their promise.

You might want to take another look at the former listing of your item to see what the expected delivery date is. I'm not sure if the handling time is explicitly stated in listings automatically by eBay (I just looked and didn't see it but I might have missed it.)

· Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Thank you.
I guess the root of my concern is that the seller has not replied to a couple of messages I have sent him/her.

One time I had someone not respond for two weeks and when I contacted EBay I received a refund to my PayPal account with no explanation. In this case I truly do not want my money back,......I want the shoes.

I will give it another couple of days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.