Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone

Anyone here famliar with earnest sewn models. I just got by the mail earnest sewn fulton jeans, I am looking for straight leg models, this one fits me nice, but the leg is slighly slim for my taste, I don´t think is a true staright leg cut, but a little slim fit.

I am wondering about the syd model (vintage straight leg) and the hemingway model (full leg, I don´t really understand waht this means) any experience with this two models

Best regards

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hello to everyone

Anyone here famliar with earnest sewn models. I just got by the mail earnest sewn fulton jeans, I am looking for straight leg models, this one fits me nice, but the leg is slighly slim for my taste, I don´t think is a true staright leg cut, but a little slim fit.

I am wondering about the syd model (vintage straight leg) and the hemingway model (full leg, I don´t really understand waht this means) any experience with this two models

Best regards
They're very well made, but all very slim. A bit too slim for my taste. Even the Hemingway didn't fit me well. But if you are a skinny guy, they may work. I believe the Hemingway is their fullest cut.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Directions

...so you head down Styleforum Ave and bang an immediate right on Streetwear and Denim Blvd. Look for the sign labeled "Search", and you can follow that right on into Earnest Sewn. Can't miss the place. :icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The Hemingway is what you want if you insist on going with Earnest Sewn. Full to them means "straight leg" to others.

FWIW you may want to try a few other brands. I was shopping for a "jack of all trades" jean recently and had Earnest Sewn in mind until I went to the store. I ended up getting a Nudie "Average Joe" jean - it sounds a lot like what you want. The Nudies are made at least as well as the Earnest Sewn, cost substantially less, and have a much more "reasonable" fit IMO. Mine have a medium-width straight leg and a medium rise. They can be worn anywhere you get away with jeans. They look just as good with a t-shirt and sandals at the beach as they do with a tweed, tie, and loafers on a fall weekend at the bar.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hmmm...I've heard good things about the nudies, just checked the website, prices range from $180 - $275 per pair. I wouldn't call that substantially less than the Earnest Sewns, am I missing something here? I was a little surprised, I've heard before that they were more reasonably priced.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help. I thought about that model as well, average Joe. Looking at the size chart in Nudie´s web site, the measurement looked very well, except the bottom leg which I thought it was a bit slim. Do they fit to you with a wider leg than the Earnest sewn fulton?

best regards

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hmmm...I've heard good things about the nudies, just checked the website, prices range from $180 - $275 per pair. I wouldn't call that substantially less than the Earnest Sewns, am I missing something here? I was a little surprised, I've heard before that they were more reasonably priced.
This is news to me. I paid about $155 for a version in "dry denim." I've had them for 6 months now and can comfortably say that they are likely the most well-made jeans I've ever owned (I've had TONS of jeans from quality labels like 7 For All Mankind, Paper Denim & Cloth, Levis, Citizens of Humanity, Mavi, Earnest Sewn, etc.).

I bought mine at a DC denim institution - The Denim Bar. I think they have a website at www.thedenimbaronline.com - if that doesn't work Google them a bit. Like I said, this was only a few months ago that I paid $155.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Here you go: https://www.denimbaronline.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=200&DEPARTMENT_ID=38

Those are the exact bad girls. $165, not $155 as I said above. Big deal.

Looks like the pricey ones are the pre-washed versions. I think the dry denim is much nicer. The dry jeans look a bit formal when brand new but one you wash them a few months later they develop a unique-to-you look with authentic whiskers and creases.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Have both ES and Nudie. ES sell for South of $200 and Nudie retail for $265. I bought some nudie Avg. Joes at Barneys NY on sale for $109. Nudie is the best fitting jean I have. Stylish and a good boot cut. Try them on. They are much roomier than Earnest Sewn. I like ES but they are on the slimmer side but not as slim as othr brands. The fulotn is the most popular model comes in a straight leg and a boot cut.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I was looking at that model too, Average Joe Dry Heavy. Could you tell me how much it shrinks since is raw denim sanforized. I heard sanforized raw denim has minimal shrink. And the other side , Does it stretch too much after some wearing?

It seems difficult to find a nice and simple straight leg model. I would like to try the japanese brands, they are suppose to have very goog quality but a little expensive for a jean

best regards

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I haven't washed mine yet. I try to wash denim infrequently in order to keep it dark. I bought the jeans at a place that only sells denim, however. I had a long talk with some staff about dry denim and proper care. The only shrinkage issue they told me to worry about was length. They said that the legs will shorten a bit during the first wash. Apparently it is easily remedied by standing on the waist band and giving a few hearty tugs on each leg while they are still damp though. Nudie's come with a set of care instructions.

As far as stretch I say they just stretched enough. They were a bit tight in the store. Now they fit comfortably - not tight but never ever loose. They don't seem to stretch as much as pre-washed denim.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Nudie tells you not to wash very often. They will shirnk slightly in the length the first time. don't Dry them in the Dryer. They are very comfortable. Put in the dryer after you have hung dried them to get rid of the stiffness and any wrinkles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.