Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
well, it works but it takes about 100 foot/pounds of force in order to zip/unzip. is there something that can happen during the dry cleaning process that could cause the zipper to malfunction in this way?

thanks.
Unfortunately, I suspect there are many. If it's plastic, it could melt, or it could be some mechanical trauma, or it simply may have become misaligned.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
You have my sympathy.

About ten years ago I received a 3/2 darted jacket from Hemajani with the beautiful exaggerated roll to the lapels that I prefer.

I explained to my laundry/dry cleaners that I had used for several years how critical it was to NOT have any creases to the lapels. I even had her write my request on the ticket.

You guessed it. They ruined my beautiful jacket. I did everything I could to try to correct the deep creases to no avail. The money wasted is one thing but the beautifully tailored lapels being beyond repair was more than I could handle. I finally gave it to my brother, I just couldn't stand to look at it any longer.

In your case perhaps you can have a new zipper fitted if its worth the cost involved.
Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.