Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My very good friends have been together for 10 years and are having a commitment ceremony/celebration next weekend. They've rented a beach house on Cape Cod and the ceremony is going to be on the beach at 6pm. The invitation said to "please consider dressy beach attire in shades of blue and white". Suggestions as to what to wear for men and women? Acutally, I'm mroe concerned about/having more trouble with women (me!)--in part because it's going to be cold then/there, right?
Any suggestions much appreciated!
Btw, I'm in my late 20's and the ceremony is just friends so all of us will be in our 20's and 30's.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ideally, white flannel pants and a Navy jacket would work. White was requested by the host, so the white in October rule could be ignored. That is, if you can find white flannel slacks. They'd be warm enough. Get some suede shoes so you don't scratch your polished leather ones.

BT

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You'll probably want to dress for high 50's and quite windy if you're going to be on the beach for a while. By October, most folks have put away the beach attire and have switched to a more "seafaring" look of heavy knit cotton or wool sweaters and a jacket or windbreaker when they're outdoors.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ideally, white flannel pants and a Navy jacket would work. White was requested by the host, so the white in October rule could be ignored. That is, if you can find white flannel slacks. They'd be warm enough. Get some suede shoes so you don't scratch your polished leather ones.

BT
I would reverse it, particularly since the person who asked the question is a lady if I did not misunderstand the first thread. I simply do not like white trousers -- even off-white --- in October.... and white trousers might also get rather dirty in the sand.

I would choose dark blue trousers (perhaps something like this: https://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=17307&Ne=10&pCategoryId=101&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_118&N=1200009+4294967287&Nty=1&categoryId=118&colorFamily=Blue&defaultColorNameFromCategory=Dark%20Navy&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses) and combine it with an ivory or off-white twin-set or light jumper. If you want to wear pure white, I would opt for a crisp white cotton blouse with feminine tailoring, and a pashmina shawl in a nice contrasting colour for warmth (https://www.thepashminastore.com/Pashmina-Silk-Wrap-Cranberry-p/psw-242-d.htm).
You can dress up the blouse with jewelry and add a nice matching lace camisole underneath.
For shoes, I would stay away from heels (heels + sand = not a good idea) and wear ballerinas that you can easily take off to shake out the sand that will invariably get into your shoes. Something like this: https://flatsnapavalley.com/ballerina/index.html in either leather or suede.

P.S. Actually, I would definitely bring a pashmina shawl for extra warmth and wind protection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.