Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From The Times:

He is a graduate of Oxford and Sandhurst, wears a monocle and a pith helmet, dresses in Savile Row suits, always carries a sword and goes everywhere in a London taxi. Astoundingly, this archetypal English eccentric is not English at all but George Tupou V, who was crowned in August as the new king of Tonga. This flamboyant Polynesian monarch is seen as too arrogant and aloof by many of his subjects, but has an old-world idiosyncratic style that our own young royals would do well to mark.

So how would you dress if you were king?

·
Registered
194 Posts
i would keep it toned down. most likely, there would be a lot of navy/ midnight blue and charcoal/ gray suits. ties would range in color, but they would mostly be darks like green, maroon, navy, charcoal and other colors like those. also, pocket squares wouldn't be bright.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
From The Times:

He is a graduate of Oxford and Sandhurst, wears a monocle and a pith helmet, dresses in Savile Row suits, always carries a sword and goes everywhere in a London taxi. Astoundingly, this archetypal English eccentric is not English at all but George Tupou V, who was crowned in August as the new king of Tonga. This flamboyant Polynesian monarch is seen as too arrogant and aloof by many of his subjects, but has an old-world idiosyncratic style that our own young royals would do well to mark.

So how would you dress if you were king?
Pictures!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I would dress normally (i.e. suit in the day, morning/white tie/etc for formal occasions) but would add a decoration or two (mayors of the UK seem to sport collars whenever they are in public so why not I?) State robes of black damask trimmed with gold lace and frogs and a velvet mortarboard for those extra special occasions.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It's good to be the king!

Accessories are everything.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.