Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I've now spent the last 4 or so years settling into married life and raising our two twin girls as a stay at home mom, I thought it might finally be time to get myself a hobby. I love the girls of course, but now they are spending the weekdays at school it has allowed me a bit more me-time. I also want to re-think my job prospects and any ways that I can work from home so that I'm still flexible with the kids and don't lose that family time together. For the past few months I've been revisiting my love for fashion. As a teenager and in my early 20's, I was massively into fashion, dressing-up, making my own jewellery, that sort of thing. So, I've kind of got a couple of projects that I'm working on now that could wok hand-in-hand. My sister is currently helping me setup my own blog and I've also bought some craft kits so that I can start making and selling my own creations.

In regards to the blog, I've been thinking of an angle for my first set of articles. I know when I was younger I really liked to copy celeb fashion so that I could go out on the weekend looking the part, but at a fraction of the price. I actually did have a pretty good knack for it. The internet has obviously made it a lot easier to track trends as it has evolved and I'm a little bit rusty. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to visit for up-to-date celeb fashion sightings and that sort of thing, so I can start getting to work. Any suggestions would be great to get my creative juices going.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
My first question would be: what does that mean, exactly? "Celeb" fashion? I mean, there's a world of difference between Emma Watson and, say, Pink.

Blogs and online retail are really dependent on niche targeting, so you'd need to focus on the intersection of a certain style and the celebrities who practice it. So, for example, you have a certain kind of classic elegance in Emma Watson, so if you selected that as a style focus (and I'm not knowledgable in women's style, buy maybe you can drill down into "classic style" to make it more specific), then maybe you have Watson, and the Duchess of Cambridge (Catherine), Natalie Portman, and so on. You could even have a weekly feature of celebs from the past, like Audrey Hepburn, and so forth.

By refining your niche like this, you can drive better engagement in your readers, and then when you market to them you'll have warmer traffic through your sales funnel.

After establishing such a blog, you can even start adding more blogs, like one with edgier celeb fashion (rock stars and the like), ethnic (Bollywood, etc), and so on.

As for a good site to visit, again, this is going to depend on the particular style profile (and I can't really recommend things, since it's just not my forte). If it were ME, I'd refine what I'm calling the style ("a modern celeb take on classic elegance", etc) and search it on Reddit - it's a pretty good place to do research - to see what kinds of sites folks are referencing.

DH

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I want to welcome you to the forum. I look forward to seeing your progression as a member.

However, I must caution you regarding the advice you will receive: most men know absolutely nothing about ladies' fashion or style and in addition, men are simply not going to have the same frame of reference.

Once again, welcome to the club.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.