Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's October, and even though it was 100 in California yesterday, I'm itching to break out some fall clothes. Here's my take on dressing for the Indian Summer:

OFF-white trousers, LIGHT tan suede brogues, LIGHT tan tweed jacket, gingham check shirt, WHITE wool tie, grosgrain watchband in blue and white. The only thing I'm not happy with is the belt, but my lighter colored belts are too skinny for the loops on these trousers.

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
I believe the key to Indian Summer dressing is the weight of the fabric rather than returning to colors most appropriate to spring and summer. Once autumn arrives and I have set aside my summer weight suits, I generally keep a few lighter weight -- but appropriately darker -- suits in my closet. They allow me to tolerate the heat of these unseasonally warm days whilst not looking as if I am clad in summerwear. Of course, on those particularly sunny occasions, a somewhat more festive tie or pocket square can reflect the joy in basking in a radiant autumnal day. ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
1ST COAT DAY

There should be a national (well NE region) day of celebration the first moment of fall when the temp drops to a level that allows for coat wearing. Sc*** summer here comes winter!! Hurrah!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.