Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wanted a Hickey Freeman dress shirt, but the price was prohibitive. I purchased one on sale yesterday and IMMEDIATELY, I noticed a problem. My wife found it hard to iron. I put it on this morning and every move I make creates a wrinkle. Having it on for 4 hours now at my desk makes me look like I am wearing my pajamas. What is your recommendation for a nice dress shirt that WON'T look like I slept in it moments after putting it on?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
What kind of shirts do you normally wear?

A certain amount of wrinkling is part of the "look" of an all-cotton shirt. I haven't noticed that my H-F shirts wrinkle noticeably more than my other all-cotton shirts without a "no iron" finish.

If you want to try something noniron, I suggest Chas. Tyrwhitt. Theirs don't feel as plastic as some of the other noniron fabrics out there (all these shirts are pure cotton, btw, but coated with a resin that is supposed to stop wrinkles; it's the resin that can make the shirt feel funny).

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
What is the content of your shirt?

I believe H-F shirts are 100% cotton. This is what most sartorilists wear, and they shouldnot wrinkle excessively if you have a desk job. Cotton is not hard to iron, but it may be for those not used to ironing or have an iron not up to speed. Many of the cheap irons available for under $20 will not suffice for cotton. There are many posts pertaing to ironing dress shirts. Do a search.

Many H-F shirts are available on Blue Fly for disounted prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.