Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,780 Posts
I've never owned one, but the next waistcoat I have made will be one.

· Registered
6,780 Posts
Or, for business, are DB waistcoats perceived as or actually too much of the following: attention getting, bold, brash, classy, dressy, elegant, expensive looking, fancy, flamboyant, formal, luxurious or luxurious looking, overstated and striking?
IMHO, no. Or at least no more than peak lapels on a SB jacket, or ticket pockets, or bold stripes or checks, or shirt colors other than white or blue. Only you can decide what you're comfortable wearing (and if you aren't comfortable, that will show and people will notice it).

· Registered
6,780 Posts
Sator, what's the white business peeking out from beneath HRH's grey waistcoat? I've seen this in several photos, and a few film passages, of very formally dressed men, but I can't tell what it is. Is it a second, white, waistcoat? Some sort of semi-detached lining layer of the WC? Enlighten me, sir!

· Registered
6,780 Posts
The white edging on the PoW's waistcoat is a white slip of detachable linen. I think it frames the shirt and tie more so they stand out.
Thanks for the explanation. I've been wondering for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.