Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,383 Posts
I love DB waistcoats cos not many people wear them and they just add a bit more gravitas to the whole outfit.

But with DB, cut is crucial. I particularly like vintage ones that have that 'V' at the centre of the hem. It just makes the lines much more flattering and interesting especially with a morning coat creating a sort of 'M' shape rather than an 'A' configuration.
Do DB waistcoats (if they are low cut enough, of course) also make the lines much more flattering and interesting with a tailcoat, creating sort of an "M" shape rather than an "A" configuration?

If so, how does this compare with DB waistcoats making the lines much more flattering and interesting with a morning coat, creating sort of an "M" shape rather than an "A" configuration?

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Can DB waistcoats be worn for business?

Or, for business, are DB waistcoats perceived as or actually too much of the following: attention getting, bold, brash, classy, dressy, elegant, expensive looking, fancy, flamboyant, formal, luxurious or luxurious looking, overstated and striking?

I know that DB waistcoats are absolutely NOT any amount of the following: contemporary, fashion forward and trendy.

I also know that DB waistcoats are absolutely as much of the following as anything else: classic, non sporty or sporty, depending on the brand, tailor, etcetera, timeless and possibly traditional.

Also, for business, are DB waist coats perceived as or actually too little of the following: conservative, subtle, understated and under the radar?

I am in the United States of America. Things are often different in Europe (in the United Kingdom just as much as outside the United Kingdom) than they are in the USA and the rest of North America.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.