Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A whole host of dubious dubiousness here. Are suede shoes correct with a suit? Are black suede shoes? Yes, and yes, if done adroitly. And I've long thought black suede oxfords could serve stylishly with grey cloth in a more relaxed venue as a stylish alternative to brown. Here, redoubtable blogger Cleav proves it. (I'll even take the socks too!)

I suspect Cleav's shoes are from a more vaunted source, but I've long eyed those offered by my old, reliable Sanders and Sanders as a natty, full brouge example as well.

https://www.sanders-uk.com/shop/product/london-8468bs

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Say what you will, but they will never replace the ever popular "Blue Suede Shoes." Every proper gentleman should have a pair of blue suede's in their closet....not so sure about black suede? ;)

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Cleav has the advantage of living within easy driving distance of the factory stores for most of the Northampton shoemakers. His innate sense of style also helps greatly in these matters as well.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
You know you are in the rarefied air of a professional when they do two things that don't sound great on paper - pinstripe suit with pinstripe socks and black suede shoes with a suit - in the same outfit and they both not only work, but elevate the look.

Also, and he probably did this subconsciously, he got the tones of his greys and blacks all beautifully harmonize.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,079 Posts
Well above my sartorial skill, I can tell you that! No, I shall restrict my suedes to more casual ensembles. Besides, I have so little call for a suit these days . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.