Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
14,999 Posts
Lol, yes - as long as you like it nothing else matters. Or something like that. :)
And what is the sin with that? Whether it may or may not abide by your particular taste, why should I judge someone else's choice.

I don't believe the OP asked whether he should or invited anyone to weigh in on his decision. He simply declared his preference.

Troll, I believe, was the term you used to describe him.

· Registered
14,999 Posts
Oh, he did more than declare his preference, and it was pretty well done if the intent was to get a rise out of people.

"I used to stick with classical items from non-fashion high quality brands such as Edward Green, C&J, Trickers, Magnanni etc. Sure, you get a well made product that will last many years. The downside is that what you buy will be utterly dull and boring."

"Italian made shoes from Zegna and Prada that are of high quality and different and for roughly the same price."

"I just make sure that the design is of a subtle kind that won't likely go out of fashion yet will remain stylish at the same time"
And? That qualifies as heresy and earns the moniker of troll?

· Registered
14,999 Posts
well yeah.

i've done the exact same thing when I felt like trolling on other forums.

a few half-truths are the best way to troll because it's just believable enough for your audience that the person is serious.
Well, I'm glad you have so much free time to troll other forums. Next time you post I'll just assume you're trolling.

Just wondering if you bothered asking he OP if he was serious or just trolling.

· Registered
14,999 Posts
Not all Italian fashion brand shoes are cemented.

Gucci makes some Goodyear welted shoes. I’m not saying that the same quality cannot be had at a lesser price, but the notion that something is either Gucci or Prada and is therefore crap, is misguided at best. Snobbish at worst.

Also, not all such shoes have the logo plastered all over them.

· Registered
14,999 Posts
It’s fine to hold an opinion about a particular brand or entire subset of clothing, ie. Italian fashion brands. Fine.

But to go beyond that and start to call someone a troll or to say that such choices reflect some projected lack of taste or otherwise psychoanalyze the consumer are really in poor taste.

Perhaps it reflects on some deep seated inferiority complex in the part of the person posting such invective. Who knows. Perhaps that individual needs to avail himself of the services of a professional to work through such hostility.

· Registered
14,999 Posts
But didn't the OP actually say he was "bored of [sic] good taste."? So why are you criticizing Roger for agreeing with our troll friend? And are you going to psycho-analyze me too? Go ahead, but kindly don't send a bill. :)

Seriously, to arrive on a forum that discusses the meaning and boundaries of tasteful menswear and pronounce that you are bored with such things is a precious definitional example of trolling.
Anyone can disagree but why make it personal? Isn't it enough just to disagree with someone's opinion?

Reading the original post, I found nothing trollish about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.