Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In todays Globe and Mail

LOSING YOUR HEAD
"In the chaos of disaster, logic doesn't always reign," the Los Angeles Times reports. "Los Angeles psychologist Helen Lena Astin said there's no predicting what people see as essential in times of crisis. She remembers a friend doubling back to his house during the 1978 Mandeville Canyon fire to retrieve his tuxedo. He later explained that it was difficult to find a tuxedo that fit him well."

On AAAC I doubt that this would be considered newsworthy.:icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I posted not long ago, in seriousness asking what hard to replace clothing items people would take.
I got the admonitions of saving my life.
One of my underpaying avocations is emergency preparations educator.ROFLOL
A few fires back (I 've lost track) I was called upon to evacuate some horses in Malibu:.My previous rescue experience, intimate knowledge of the canyons and horsemanship, and my friendship with the emergency and animal communities making me the best ( and dumbest to keep volunteering.)
So I go up a one lane road with a wrought iron gate being opened by a distraught actor brother of another actor we all love to hate.
I knew him by his many appearances on the televangelist channel in his suit jacket, vest and torn jeans and sneakers wardrobe and squint like Mr Mole from Wind in the Willows look.
So I'm walking his two horses down to the main road and trailor, and he's asking me horse questions he should have known.
Questions like ' How come my horses behave for you and not me?' And I wonder if scared horses with fire behind us are 'behaved' I don't want to see them with him in charge.
We climb into the truck cab, and I look over to see his treasured coffeetable size bible. He sees me looking and asks " have you heard of our lord and savior Jesus Christ?"
And I'm thinking there isn't a fancy russian made orthodox cross BIG ENOUGH on EBAY to shut these people up.
I think it was a mile down the PCH I looked over again, and saw him doing lines of coke from a bag bigger than my weekly flour supply for scratch biscuits, resting on the bible.
Tuxedos make so much more sense to me, as do their owners.
Now Andy, He will need a trailor just for his clothing, lined in cedar with a liveried footman to inventory everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.