Men's Clothing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a promotional email from Orvis today regarding their luggage and decided to just look at their collection for the heck of it. Is it just me, or does this look like a really, really cool duffel bag. I'm referring to the large sized bag.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I received a promotional email from Orvis today regarding their luggage and decided to just look at their collection for the heck of it. Is it just me, or does this look like a really, really cool duffel bag. I'm referring to the large sized bag.
Orvis luggage is fantastic.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Those bags look great.

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
I didn't see any duffle bags anywhere.
Just because they incorrectly call them duffel bags doesn't mean you need to compound the mistake.:icon_smile_wink:

A duffel bag is a cylindrical drawstring sack originally issued to naval seamen.

And this time, unlike several times before,:icon_smile_wink: it isn't a case of British v American English because my Funk & Wagnalls gives the same definition as my Collins!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Although these are beautiful bags and almost certainly very well made, they are in no way duffel bags, even if you expand the very narrow definition given by E of O. Orvis doesn't even call them duffel bags, rather Club Bags, a more accurate appellation. As Andy mentions, leather is heavy and Murphy's Third Law states clearly that the distance required to carry an object is directly proportional to the weight of the object.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts