Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I lost some weight since I bought the coat. The arm and overall length may be too long but I'd like to get an opinion. Also the shoulder seam drapes about an inch from where it should be.

Can this coat be tailored to the point where it doesn't appear too big?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,486 Posts
Hello, and welcome.

I think you've answered your own question, haven't you? You say the arms are too long, the body's too long and the shoulder's too wide.

What sort of a coat is it? Is it really special to you? Why don't you consider just leting 'er go and getting another: one that fits.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
The jacket looks like it is casual outerwear. Is that what you would be wearing underneath it?

What is it made out of? You may be able to get the sleeves altered, but to have the body shortened would be an expensive procedure.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

That is a casual jacket, and one is just too loose fitting. Sleeves are a bit long and the body is long - but these are OK on a casual outerwear. But the body just does not fit well.

It drapes like a curtain - and it's just not a flattering sight.

Maybe some tailoring (waist suppression) would help, maybe wearing it with thick sweater underneath would help, maybe having it buttoned would help. All in all, I would not wear it as is, and would probably look for a proper fitting jacket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. It's a coat made by Sanyo that I bought a few seasons ago. I like the stiching and lining on the inside. I usually wear it with casual clothing underneath and maybe a blazer.

I was hoping that maybe a good tailor can do some magic to it? Of course, price would be a factor.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Thanks for the comments. It's a coat made by Sanyo that I bought a few seasons ago. I like the stiching and lining on the inside. I usually wear it with casual clothing underneath and maybe a blazer.

I was hoping that maybe a good tailor can do some magic to it? Of course, price would be a factor.
I would leave the length the same. Just take it to a tailor and wear what you would typically wear underneath it, and see if they can take it in some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.