Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
16,023 Posts
This reminds me of a post a member made concerning fashion and style. He made a good point that fashion, to some extent, will always influence clothing even from traditional manufacturers. For instance, it was considered acceptable for John F. Kennedy to wear narrow lapels and even narrower ties and he was in the highest professional office of the United States. I think basically if one sticks to time-honoured rules even within the current styles available, they'll be ahead of the curve. Some clothiers have recently changed their cut a little too severely for my taste though, like J. Press. It's hard to judge where change is good and where it isn't, since a lot of it is subjective. I don't pretend I know everything, but wonder what the sartorial elite said about narrow lapels and ties when they took over in the '50s. Here I am, years later, digging the look.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.