Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the long but worthwhile "American Trad" thread on this forum, it occurred to me that although I definitely like some Trad clothing, I definitely wouldn’t call it my "style". For example, I will usually wear a somewhat fitted suit, a spread collar, and pleated pants to work most days during the week. Conversely, I can't wait until after Memorial Day when I can break out my J Press seersucker with white button-down and Madras tie on Fridays. Weekends will find me in anything from Aran sweaters to flannel shirts to jeans and Italian leather sneakers. (Note - although I will mix styles from day to day, very rarely on the SAME day. Eg, you will never see me in khakis, a Press blazer, a repp tie, and a fitted Borrelli shirt....)

I know that some would say that I am being inconsistent in the look that I am projecting, and I would admit they are correct. However, it has always been my preference to pick and chose from the various styles as it suits my taste and personality, rather than be a slave to any one specific genre.

I was just wondering what those here thought of this melting pot of styles. I.e., is this whimsy where true style springs from, or is this just a bastardization of a pure breed that leads to the ultimate demise of a style, as we have seen from BBs in the 60s and 70s?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.