Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think a pin-striped suit offers a great opportunity to mix patterns, don't you think so? The stripes on the suit usually aren't really prominent, giving you leeway to also wear a striped shirt or a checked shirt.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do as the masses?

I think they will go good together,as for the choice of tie Ive noticed alot of anchors on cnn,fox news and msnbc wearing examples of said clothing with striped ties.If you ever watched Glenn Beck he was constantly wearing stripes/checks/windowpane/stripes.
Cosmo:drunken_smilie:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think a pin-striped suit offers a great opportunity to mix patterns, don't you think so? The stripes on the suit usually aren't really prominent, giving you leeway to also wear a striped shirt or a checked shirt.
Absolutely. Normally one can successfully mix and match checks and stripes as long as they are on different scales. In some contemporary fashion circles one sees stripes and/or checks matched even on the same scale. FWIW, I don't care for such pairings.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
My gut says yes. I would also say a very tiny pattern like a real small houndstooth or something might work well also. Solid is a safe bet, but a really small or really large pattern (a guard stripe) might work well too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.